Designers can automatically input posts when there is a gap between the bottom of a beam and the top of the supporting wall or beam. See example below.
In this scenario, the “Fit” and continuous post input features are used to draw posts at the correct elevation and the correct location. The following steps illustrate these features:
- From the Floor ribbon, click Input Post.
- Immediately right-click to activate continuous post input.
- Select the supported beam(s) and right-click.
- Select the supporting walls or beams and right-click.
- Supporting posts are automatically added to the plan.