Using Advanced Selection to Select All of a Type, or a Specific Level
Advanced Selection is a powerful tool and can be used to select entities of a specific type and from a specific part of a model. This is a very high level example of a simple task.
- Right-click and select Advanced Selection (Ctrl + A)
- Notice the list of "Selected Entity Type" can be as broad as Job (the whole model even!) or as selective as Block, or even Labels.
- The Selection Set Operation allows for an Addition, a Subtraction or an AND operation to allow a selection to be refined.
- The Entity Filter focuses the selection on All (the entire model), Current Level, or subsets of a current selection.
- Example: If the Selected Entity Type is Floor Container then related options you may have under Entity Filter might be Joist or Label, as subset of the container.
- Select will initiate the current filtering by adding or subtracting based on the what has been specified.
- Clear will deselect and allow for a new filtered selection.
Select all entities on a Specific Level
- Under Selected Entity Type select Job.
- Under Entity Filter select Current Level.
- Click Select and notice the Current Selection indicates the number of entities added to the selection.
- Click OK to exit this screen and make the next move!