BC Calc® software does not allow for the Garage or Safe load Analysis to be run on a cantilever floor joist.
In order to analyze a commercial floor Joist with BC Calc you will need to perform the following steps.
- Select the worst case joist span(s) and create the design in BC Calc. (If you have created the project as a BC Framer® software file, send the joist to BC Calc with the provided BC Framer tools.)
- Analyze the joist with all loads except the safe load.
- Remove all uniform floor live load and enter an additional uniform live load of 320 PSF, over a 2'-6" length. Analyze the joist with a single 320 PSF load at each of these locations. See diagram below:
- End of the longest span.
- Middle of the longest span.
- End of the longest span at the intermediate bearing.
- End of cantilever.
Note: For Garage Floors or office floors with point loads please contact Boise Cascade EWP Engineering for further information.