Before getting started: It's important to know that if your ribbons have not been customized, a stock, out-of-box BC Framer® toolbar experience can be achieved by simply restoring the ribbons to default.
Restore (Ribbons and QAT) To Defaults
If the ribbons have not been customized, the simplest solution is to Restore To Defaults. This will set the ribbons and the Quick Access Toolbar back to the default state and will add any newly released tools.
- Here are three ways to access the Customize Ribbons utility:
- Option (1) File > Setup > Customize Ribbons.
- Option (2) Clicking the downward arrow in the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Or option (3) Right-click on any existing icon for a similar list of options and the ability to add the icon to the QAT.
- Once you have the dialog box open, click Restore To Defaults button, and then click Save.
Adding a New (Unused) Command to Ribbons or Quick Access Toolbar
To add an icon to a ribbon or to the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT), look for the small downward arrow in the title bar and select Customize Quick Access Toolbar:
NOTE: The Customize Ribbon utility can also be found under File > Setup > Customize Ribbons or by right-clicking an existing command icon from the ribbons.
- Use the search field in the Customize Ribbons utility to find "Toggle Draft Mode".
- Select a ribbon from the Customize column.
- Drag the command icon from the Command column to the ribbon where it will reside.
- Click Save.
Add an Existing Command to Other Ribbons
Similar to the above steps for adding unused commands, adding an existing icon to additional ribbons is simple, but you must change the Command View drop-down menu to All Commands in order to see icons that are already in use.
Search for the command under the Commands column and drag to the preferred ribbon under the Customize column.
Add an Existing Command to the Quick Access Toolbar
Adding a frequently used command to the Quick Access Toolbar will keep that tool in the foreground at all times, no matter which tab you're working from.
To Add an existing icon to the Quick Access Toolbar simply right-click on the icon and select Add to Quick Access Toolbar
To remove an icon from the QAT, right click on the icon in the QAT and select Remove from Quick Access Toolbar.