Floor Joist direction for one section of a floor container can be changed either with Auto frame or the Quick Edit. Quick Edit will also allow you to change the on-center spacing and the joist series.
Changing Direction on One Section of a Floor Container with AutoFrame Floor
- Select the floor container (Hold down the ALT + click a framing member).
- Toolbar Floor > Input and Edit Floor Members > AutoFrame Floor (Ctrl+Shift+A)
- Click on the zone(s) to frame.
- Right click to accept current selection and frame.
- Choose a layout start line. (This example shows the result of choosing the outside of the top horizontal wall.)
- Click escape if finished with the AutoFrame Floor command.
Changing the Direction, o.c. spacing and/or series of joists in a floor container with Quick Edit
- If you need to change joist series or o.c. spacing in addition to direction, the Quick Edit tool offers more options.
- Monitor the status bar at the bottom left of your BC Framer screen for important information about the current activity you are engaged in. In this case, Quick Edit:
Quick Edit: Drag a line over the floor members you want to edit.
- Select a parallel or perpendicular line from which to reference new member(s)
- Select a line to run to OR:
A. Right Click to select member ends
B. Select a line to indicate the member end, Then select additional lines for the member end or Right Click to define the other end.
C. Select a line to indicate the other end
D. Select additional lines for the member end or Right click when finished
E. Select a line to run to
- If needed, change the member settings, material or spacing.
NOTE: If ends of edited joists automatically terminate at a wall or flush beam, then you will only need steps 3 - 5.
See also related article: