BC Framer® software materials lists can be exported directly to a format that BC Connect® software understands, called XML (Extensible Markup Language). This article will cover the basic steps of exporting XML from your model, then importing the file as a material list:
1. Navigate to the Output ribbon and from the Output drop-down button, select BC CONNECT® XML.
2. Choose the levels that need to be included in the export.
3. From the Save As dialogue, choose a location and name the file before clicking Save.
4. Log into BC Connect and from the App Chooser, select Design.
5. From the Material List drop-down, choose “Import Material List”.
6. (1) Select or add (use the + symbol) a Builder from the drop-down. (2) Select or add a Project from the drop-down. (3) Select BC FRAMER XML File from the File Source drop-down. (4) Click Choose File.
7. Browse to the XML file that was exported from BC Framer®, select it and click Open
8. Finally, click Import.
After processing the application will generate a material list.