Boise Cascade has a prescriptive limit in our software limiting multiple members to a total width of 7”. This limit is intended for our customers and other designers that are not engineers, in order to limit applications that may be controlled by torsion. If the member is loaded somewhat equally from both sides, we would not object to such an application if designed by a licensed engineer. Unfortunately though, BC Calc will not analyze such a member.
Articles in this section
- BC Calc® Does Not Show IRC Building Codes, Only IBC
- Must Wall Openings Align Vertically?
- How to send to BC Calc® offline From BC Framer®
- 'Save as' in BC Calc® Offline Mode (Chrome)
- Can I Change the Building Code in BC CALC®?
- Adding Project Information to a Design in bccalc.com
- BC Calc web is only printing one design report at a time.
- Does the wind calculator in BC CALC® use Main Wind Force Resisting System (MWFRS) or Components and Cladding (C&C)?
- Can I connect beams to other beams in my BC Calc in order to consider them as side loads?
- Creating a custom stock scheme in BCCalc.com