It may be that the SQL database service did not start automatically. Here is how to check and start the service.
If BC Framer® shows an error and won't launch, it may be that the database service has not started properly. The warning may show, "Cannot connect to the primary database." Click "No" on the warning and start the service manually as explained here.
- Click the Windows / Start button and type in services.msc into the Search box. Press Enter.
- Services should launch.
- Wait for the list to populate.
- Find the service in the list named: SQL Server (BCFRAMER) - (instead of BCFRAMER, it may read SQLEXPRESS or MITEK.)
- If the service is already started, call EWP Software Support.
- If not, click Start to start the service.
- The service should start. If it does, close Services and launch BC Framer®.
If the service fails to start, call EWP Support.