Using DataMover to export your BC Framer® software database to a file.
To share a copy of your database with other users, you will need to use a utility called DataMover. Both computers must have the same version and update of BC Framer installed. You cannot share a database with another version of the software.
- To find DataMover: Click on your Windows Start Menu > All Programs > Boise Cascade (or similar) > Support Programs > DataMover.
- Choose the option to Export to a file.
- Check each item on both tabs.
- Click the browse button to the right of the To: box to specify a data file location and name for this MDMF file.
- Click Export.
- The status at the lower left will indicate Export completed.
- You should now have a database file in the location you chose.
Tip: This MDMF file also serves as a backup of your current database.
Using DataMover to import a database from a file.
This operation will overwrite any matching items in the existing database.
- Copy the database file to the computer you want to update.
- Start DataMover and choose the Action: Import from a file.
- In the From: box, browse to your MDMF database file.
- The target database should already be set to your default.
- Select the Overwrite option. This will overwrite any matching items in the database.
- Check all items on the General tab. On the User tab, check the user ID on the left (source) and the current user's ID on the right (destination).
- Click Import.
- The status at the lower left will indicate Import completed.