Bracing doesn't affect deflection, only column stability. You should see a reduction in the axial compression % or the combined bending and compression % as a result of lateral bracing on the respective axes, but typical engineering assumption for bracing is that it is insufficiently stiff to prevent deflection and only provides the minimal support required to prevent buckling.
Articles in this section
- How do I run multiple calcs at once?
- BC Calc® Does Not Show IRC Building Codes, Only IBC
- Must Wall Openings Align Vertically?
- 'Save as' in BC Calc® Offline Mode (Chrome)
- Can I Change the Building Code in BC CALC®?
- Adding Project(job) and Customer Information to an Analysis in bccalc.com
- Does the wind calculator in BC CALC® use Main Wind Force Resisting System (MWFRS) or Components and Cladding (C&C)?
- Wind loads on a beam sent from BC Framer® to BC Calc® are not editable.
- Can I connect one beam to another as a side load in BC Calc®?
- Creating a custom stock scheme in BCCalc.com