Bracing doesn't affect deflection, only column stability. You should see a reduction in the axial compression % or the combined bending and compression % as a result of lateral bracing on the respective axes, but typical engineering assumption for bracing is that it is insufficiently stiff to prevent deflection and only provides the minimal support required to prevent buckling.
Articles in this section
- BC Calc® Does Not Show IRC Building Codes, Only IBC
- Must Wall Openings Align Vertically?
- How to send to BC Calc® offline From BC Framer®
- 'Save as' in BC Calc® Offline Mode (Chrome)
- Can I Change the Building Code in BC CALC®?
- Adding Project Information to a Design in bccalc.com
- BC Calc web is only printing one design report at a time.
- Does the wind calculator in BC CALC® use Main Wind Force Resisting System (MWFRS) or Components and Cladding (C&C)?
- Can I connect beams to other beams in my BC Calc in order to consider them as side loads?
- Creating a custom stock scheme in BCCalc.com