This error indicates that there is a problem with the BC Framer install that can be resolved by a full reinstall.
- Determine what version of Framer you have installed. Find the UI.exe file and right-click to choose Properties.
Default install location: C:\Program Files\Boise Cascade BC Framer\Programs\UI.exe
- On the Properties box, click Details. The File version will be displayed here.
- Close any error messages or Framer dialog boxes
- Uninstall Boise Cascade BC Framer from the Windows Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Delete the install folder. By default this is C:\Program Files\Boise Cascade BC Framer (Your install location may vary)
- Find the install file for the version you had installed previously.
- Right-click on this file and choose "Run as Administrator".
- Follow the prompts and use default locations and settings.
- When prompted to select the local SQL Server, choose one that you already have. Typically this is named "BCFRAMER". Do not install a new SQL server. Click Next.
- When prompted for a database, choose an existing one and the option to "Overwrite". This will retain your existing database.
- Click Next and any other prompts and Framer will install.